Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ALLINGTON is a small village, one mile north, of Maidstone station. The population in 1851 was 57. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence, and is a very small building. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Earl of Romney, and incumbency of the Rev. Edward Heawood, M.A.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Heawood, Rev. Edward, M.A., Rectory.
Fauchon, John, farmer, New House Farm
Pack, Thomas, farmer, Castle
Paget, Robert, lock keeper