ASHURST is a village, six miles south of Penshurst station, and four miles west
from Tunbridge Wells station. The population in 1861 was 241. The church is a
very small edifice, with a wooden steeple. The living is a rectory, in the gift
of the Earl of Delaware; the Rev. William Ramsden, M.A., is the incumbent.
Letters are received through Tunbridge .Wells, which is also the nearest Money
Field, George, Esq.
Ramsden, Rev. William, M.A.
Raven, Rev. J. D., Curate
Ranger, Henry, Esq.
Snale, Henry Lewis, Esq., Ashurst Lodge
Box, Mrs. Ann, shopkeeper
Brown, William, mason
Coffin, Thomas, miller
Taylor, Lucy, Star Inn
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.