Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BADLESMERE, called BASMERE, five miles south of Faversham, and 10 S.W. of Canterbury, is in the lathe of Scray, Faversham union and hundred, East Kent. The population in 1851 was 133. The church of St. Leonard's is very small. The living is a rectory, and discharged living in the gift of Lord Sondes, to whom the manor belongs. The Rev. Clarence Hilton, rector. Shepherd Fostal is one mile and a half N.E.; Fisher's Street, one mile S.W.
Letters received through Faversham, which is the nearest Money Order Office.
Cobb, Mrs. Phoebe
Hilton, Rev. Clarence, M.A., rectory.
Cobb, Alfred, farmer, Badlesmere Court
George, Richard, farmer
Hollands, John, farmer
Jenkins, James, farmer, Woods Court
Vidion, John, blacksmith