Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BARFRESTON is a village, eight miles N.W. of Dover, seven miles S.E. of Canterbury, in Eastry union and hundred, lathe of St. Augustine, East Kent. The population in 1851 was 133. The church is called St. Mary. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of St. John's College, Oxford. The Rev. Edward Thomas Austen, rector.
Letters received through Wingham. The nearest Money Order Offices are at Wingham and Canterbury.
Austen, Rev. E. T., rector | Cullen, William, Esq.
Harvey, John, farmer
Orton, John, Grazier
Upton, William, beer retailer
Willmott, Robert, shoemaker
Young, William, shopkeeper and carrier