The pub history sites are regularly updated by Stephen and Kevan, plus an 'open' group of like-minded individuals on a daily basis; and anyone is welcome to contribute.
This pub was probably established by 1738
and is mentioned in Charles Dickensí 1859 novel ĎA Tale of Two Citiesí.
In 1822 it was renamed the Fox & Hounds, although the name Crook Log seems also still to have been in use and the name formerly reverted by around 1898. Earlier addresses, e.g. in 1891 were at Main Road, Bexley Heath **
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Bexley Heath, Kent . The Bexley Heath, Kent listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Ye Olde Crook Log, Bexley Heath
Kindly provided by Colleen
Crook Log, Crook Log, Bexley Heath - in September 2009
Kindly provided by Stephen Harris
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
Fox & Hounds :
1855/J Coggershall/../../../Kellys Directory ****
1858/James Coggershall/../../../Melvilles Directory ****
1882/George Harvey/../../../Kellys Directory ****
Old Crook Log :
1891/George Harvey/../../../Kellys Directory ****
1901/George Harvey/Licensed Victualler/71/Wilby, Suffolk/Census ****
1901/Ann B Harvey/Wife/61/Tiverton, Devon/Census
1901/Emily Child/Daughter/23/Merton, Surrey/Census
1901/Esther Vince/Domestic Servant/22/Carshalton, Surrey/Census
1903/George Harvey/../../../Kellys Directory **
1913/Charles Sunderland/../../../Post Office Directory **
** Provided by Stephen Harris
**** Provided By Kevan