BIRCHINGTON is a parish, 15 miles from Canterbury, three miles north of Minster
station, and three miles and a half S.W. of Margate. The population in 1851 was
885. The church is dedicated to All Saints, and is a handsome building ; the
Rev. Henry Fulham Whish is the curate. There is also a Wesleyan and a Baptist
chapel. Cliff End is one mile N.W.; Gore End, half a mile N.W.; Great and Little
Brook End, one mile S.W; Quekes, half a mile south; Woodchurch, one mile and a
half S.E.; Cheeseman's,
one mile and a half S.E.
POST-OFFICE - George Dennett, Receiver. Letters received through Margate.
The nearest Money Order Office is at Margate.
Cotton, Henry, Esq.
Edwards, Robert, Esq.
Friend, John, Esq., Birchington place
Friend, John, Esq., Brook's end Neame, Francis Jenkins, Esq. Neame, Miss Charlotte
Pinker, Mr. R.
Piper, Mrs. Studwe]l, Lieutenant
Whish, Rev. Henry Fulham, Curate
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.