BOUGHTON MALHERBE is a village, 10 miles from Maidstone, four from Headcorn
Station, and 60 from London. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The living
is a rectory, in the gift of Lord Cornwallis; the Rev. Edward Moore, M.A., is
the incumbent. The population iu 1851 was 477. The Baptists have a chapel here.
Leperton Street is half a mile N.W.; Grafty Green, one mile S.W.; Green Hill and
Noat's Hill, one mile and a half west; Pope's Hole, three quarters of a mile
S.B. Hazlewood Hill, one mile S.E.; and Bidding, one mile north.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.