The pub history sites are regularly updated by Stephen Harris and kevan, plus an 'open' group of like-minded individuals on a daily basis; and anyone is welcome to contribute. We are not a society, but a random group of people with similar interests in mapping the usage of old buildings, public houses, taverns, hotels and Inns through time. Why not join us, there is no cost in getting involved, and any contribution to pub history is welcome.
To contact the pubs history site, please email deadpubs
Here is a local search of the pub history site, including the 70,000+ web pages & 10,000+ images.
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Boughton Aluph, Kent. The Boughton Aluph, Kent listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Melvilles 1858 Directory.
BOUGHTON Monchelsea is a scattered village three miles S.E. of Maidstone, and three miles and a half north of Marden Station. The population was, in 1851 was 1,086. The church is a neat building. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The Rev John D Hazlewood, M.A. is the incumbent. Boughton Green and Boughton Quarry are one mile north; Wierton Street is half a mile north; Cock Street, half a mile N.E.
Richard Seager, beer retailer
Albion, Boughton Monchelsea
Cock, Boughton Monchelsea
Oak, Boughton Monchelsea
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission. Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.
**** Provided By Kevan
And Last updated on: Tuesday, 04-Oct-2011 22:19:23 BST