CHALLOCK, or CHALLOCK LEES, is a parish five miles from Ash-
ford, and four from Wye Station. The church is three quarters of a mile
south. The population in 1851 was 427. Bedshead is one mile S.E.;
Paddock Street, one mile west; Dean Court, one mile and a half S.W.;
Frittenden, two miles S.W.; Monkery, two miles west; Challock lies on the
borders of a high wood and of Eastwell Park.
Letters through Ashford. The nearest Money Order Office is at Charing.
Chapman, John, farmer
Chapman, John, miller and baker
Chapman, Thomas Beds, farmer, Monkery
Chapman, William, farmer
Chapman, William, jun., grocer
Chittenden, Henry, Halfway House
Epps, Francis, shoemaker
Hems, William, farmer
Rowland, Thomas, wheelwright and carpenter
Kingsland, Mark, Chequers, butcher and grocer
Maxted, Thomas, farmer
Miller, John, farmer
Millen, Stephen, farmer
Pepper, William Henry, farmer
Rogers, John, carrier
Shirley, Petney, farmer
Small, Edward, farmer
Tamsett, James, blacksmith
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.