Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
CRUNDALE, OR CRUNDALL is a parish two miles N.E. from Wye station, 74 from London, nine from Canterbury, and eight from Ashford; in the lathe of Scray. The Church of St. Mary stands upon elevated ground; the living is a Rectory, in the gift of Sir Edmund Filmer, Bart.; the Rev. Henry Smith is the Incumbent. The population, in 1851, was 263. Hunt Street is half a mile east; Danord Street, half a mile N.W.;
Longport, half a mile west; Clantigh, one mile west; Winchcomb, half a mile north; Filchborough, one mile N.E.
Letters through Canterbury. The nearest Money Order Office is at Wye.
Smith, Rev. Henry, M.A., Rectory.
Gambrill, Thomas, farmer
Hopkins, Mrs., farmer
Hulks, John, farmer
Lamefield, Mrs. Ann, farmer
Leggatt, John, Carpenters' Arms
Noyes, George, farmer
Richardson, William, farmer
Seeley, Richard, farmer
Tassell, William, farmer
Waters, William, farmer