DITTON is a parish and village, four miles and a half N.W. from Maidstone. The
population in 1851 was 235. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The living is
a rectory, in the gift of the Earl of Aylesford, and incumbency of the Rev. W.
H, Burroughes, M.A. Mill Hall and Cold Harbour are half a mile north; Borough
Court and New Hythe, one mile north; Preston, one mile east.
Letters are received through Maidstone, which is also the nearest Money Order
Burroughs, William H., M.A., Rectory
Golding, John, Esq., Ditton Place
Pack, Thomas, Esq., Ditton Court
Allchin, Thomas, miller
Carman, George, farmer .
Humphrys, George, carpenter
Nash, William, parish clerk and gardener
Spratt, Stephen, miller
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.