The pub history sites are regularly updated by Stephen Harris and kevan, plus an 'open' group of like-minded individuals on a daily basis; and anyone is welcome to contribute. We are not a society, but a random group of people with similar interests in mapping the usage of old buildings, public houses, taverns, hotels and Inns through time. Why not join us, there is no cost in getting involved, and any contribution to pub history is welcome. To contact the pubs history site, please email deadpubs<
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Dunkirk, Kent. The Dunkirk, Kent listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Melvilles 1958 Directory
DUNKIRK. The ville of Dunkirk is an extra-parochial liberty, 4 ½ miles west of Canterbury, 4 miles S.E. from Faversham, and 50 ½ miles from London by road. Christ Church stands on a lofty eminence: was built in 1840 by public subscription. The living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The population was, in 1801, 685. Bosenden is one mile N.E., Winterbourn half-a-mile south
|Gate, Dunkirk, Faversham||No||Yes|
|Red Lion, Dunkirk, Faversham||No||Yes|
|Woodmans Hall, Dunkirk, Faversham||No||Yes|