Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
DUNKIRK. The ville of Dunkirk is an extra-parochial liberty, 4½ miles west of
Canterbury, 4 miles S.E. from Faversham, and 50½ miles from London by road.
Church stands on a lofty eminence: was built in 1840 by public subscription. The
living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The
was, in 1801, 685. Bosenden is one mile N.E., Winterbourn half-a-mile south.
Letters through Faversham. The nearest Money Order Offices are at Canterbury
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.