EASTLING, is a village, five miles S.W. of Faversham, and six N.E. of Lenham.
The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the
Earl of Winchelsea, the Rev. George B. Reynardson, M.A., is rector. The
population in 1851 was 414. North Court is half a mile north; Thong half a mile
south; Huntingfield one mile and a half S.E.; Arnold's Oak, one mile and a half
S.E.; Hockley Hole and Divan Court are other places.
POST-OFFICE. - Horace Robins, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Offices are at
Faversham and Charing.
Bird, Mr. John, Pink Hall Reynardson, Rev. G. B., Rector Smithe, Roger Henry
TRADERS. Barling, John, farmer, Arnold's Oak Bensted, James, smith and farrier
Clark, James, miller
Clinch, Mrs. Maria, farmer, Hockley Hole Drewry, James, surveyor, and parish clerk Drewry, John, farmer and market gardener
Gibbs, John, butcher
Hills, William, baker and grocer Leese, Benjamin, farmer, Divan Court Maxted,.John, farmer, Tong Murton, Baker, farmer, North Court Pettman, Thomas, harness maker
Robins, Horace, carman and fruiterer
Rowland, John, farmer, Huntingfteld
Shilling, George, Carpenter's Arms, and carpenter
Terry, William, boot and shoe maker
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.