EYTHORNE is divided into Upper and Lower Eythorne. The village consists of two
adjoining places, Eythorne, and Eythorne Green - seven miles N.E. of Dover, and
S.W. of Sandwich. The population in 1851 was 435. The church is dedicated to St.
Peter and St. Paul, and is small; six miles from Dover. The living is a rectory,
in the gift of the Earl of Guilford and Thomas Papillion, Esq., of Acrise; the
Rev. George H. T. Farbrace, M.A., is the incumbent. Here is a Baptist chapel and
a free school.
POST-OFFICE - Beaseley Makey, Receiver. Letters received through Sandwich.
The nearest Money Order Offices are at Deal and Sandwich.
GENTRY. Barnewell, Mrs. Mary
Clark, Mrs. Jemima r
Farbrace, Rev. G.B.. T., M..A,, Rector
Fector, Peter L., Esq.
Parker, Captain John, R.N.
Pledge, Rev. Ebenezer
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.