Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
GOODNESTONE, or GOODWINSTOWN, is a parish in Faversham union and hundred, lathe of Scray, East Kent, two miles east of Faversham, and eight N.W. of Canterbury. The population in 1851 was 65. The living is united with the vicarage of Graveney. The church is dedicated to St. Bartholomew. In the neighbourhood are Fairbrook, Way Street, and Oakwell.
Letters received through Faversham, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Lodington, Rev. H. J., curate of Graveney
Divers, Thomas, and Richard, Smiths and farriers
Divers, Richard, parish clerk
Mercer, Robert, Poplar Hall
Morrison, George, farmer, Goodnestone Court
Murton, Mrs. Jane, farmer, Langdon Court