GRAVENEY is a village adjoining the Swale, and is in Boughton-under-Blean hundred, and Faversham union, East Kent, lathe of Scray, three miles
N.E. of Faversham. The population in 1851 was 207. The church of All
Saints is small and ancient. The living is a vicarage, united to that of
Goodnestone, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury and John
Price Lade, Esq. The Rev. Joshua Strattan, M.A., vicar. Nagden is one
mile and a half west on Faversham Creek; Broan Street is half a mile west;
Sand Hills one mile west; Bough Hills half a mile east.
Letters received through Faversham, which, is also the nearest Money Order
Dunk, Thomas, fisherman - Sportsman
Gibbs, Robert, Four Horse Shoes, and carpenter
Jenkins. Ridley, shopkeeper Knowler, John, shopkeeper
Minter, Henry, farmer Murton, Charles, farmer, Sands Bank Settatree, Jacob, wheelwright etc
Smith George, parish clerk
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.