Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Public Houses in Horton Kirby & South Darenth
HORTON KIRBY is a parish and village, four miles from Dartford, and 10 from Sevenoaks. The population in 1851 was 747. The church is a very ancient edifice. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the family of the present vicar, who is the Rev. George Rashleigh, M.A. South Darenth is partly in this parish.
POST-OFFICE, William Bell, Receiver, letters are received through Dartford, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Cresy, Edward, Esq.
Hall, Henry, Esq.
Muggeridge, William, Esq.
Muggeridge, George, Esq.,
Rashleigh, Rev. George, M.A., Vicar
Rashleigh, Rev. Henry B., B.A., Curate
Rashleigh, Miss, Kirby Hall
Russell, James, Esq.
|Ashdown, William, shopkeeper
Bell, William, gardener and Post office
Bicknell, Mark, shopkeeper
Dolding, John, tanner, &c.
Dungate, John, parish clerk
Dungate, Mrs., day school
Elliott, Thomas, farmer
Evered, George, shopkeeper
Hall, Henry, paper manufacturer
Hall, James, farmer
Hall, John, blacksmith
Hall, William, veterinary surgeon
Martin, William, bricklayer
|Mitchell, Stephen, beer retailer
Muggeridge, George, farmer
Muggeridge, William, farmer
Parsons, Mrs. Elizabeth, carrier
Plumbe, George, Fighting Cock
Ray, George and James, farmers
Ray, Frederick Martin and Frank, farmers
Russell, John, farmer
Slater, Francis, solicitor
Thorp, Richard, farmer
Treadwell, James, Jolly Millers
Wells, John, boot and shoe maker