Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
IWADE is a village, three miles north of Sittingbourne, and thirteen miles N.E. from Rochester. The population in 1851 was 171. Here is a parish church; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Archdeacon of Canterbury, and incumbency of the Rev. T. Walford. Funton, one mile west; Coleshall lies to the west; Cutnails, one mile S.E.; Chitney is in the Marshes to the north.
Letters received through Sittingbourne, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Anderson, Charles, farmer
Cord, Mrs. Martha, shopkeeper
Crayden, William, grazier
Fullager, James, farmer
Hinge, Mrs., farmer
Lockyer, George, Woolpack
Lockyer, John, King's Ferry, and parish clerk
Mantle, John, shopkeeper