Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
KNOWLTON is a parish, five miles S.W. of Sandwich, seven west of Deal, and 10 S.E. of Canterbury. The population in 1851 was 24. The church is dedicated to St. Clement; it is a small structure. The living is a rectory, and incumbency of the Rev. W. E. Delwar. Singleton is half a mile S.E.; Kiddingtou one and a half mile south.
Letters through Sandwich, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
D'Aeth, Admiral George William Hughes.
Collard, Edward, farmer.