LUDDENHAM, with BUCKLAND and STONE - They all lie north of Watling Street, in
Faversham union and huindred, lathe of Scray. The population in 1851 was 338.
Luddenham is two miles N.W. of Faversham. The church is dedicated to St Mary;
the living is a rectory in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor; curate, Rev.
Hugh Stopwell, B.A. Elverton is half a mile S.W.; Newland is one mile and a half
Upper and Lower Lees are three quarters of a mile north.
Letters received through Faversham, which is also the nearest Money Order
Carter, William, farmer, Moor Cheeseman, S., bailiff to Mr. Hilton, Nashes
Collard, Mrs. Sarah, farmer, Elverton
Collins, John, farmer, Wildmarsh
Dan, Sampson, farmer, Upless Garren, Walter, bailiff to Mr. Carter, Luddenham Court Gillow, Thomas, farmer, Buckland Inge, Frederick, miller, Oare Mill
Madams, Thomas, Shipwrights' Arms, and barge builder Murton, Henry, farmer Rayner, Edward, parish clerk Rayner, Miss Ann, Free School Mistress
Reed, James, bailiff to Mr. Ambrook, Oxen Beadles Stimpson, W., bailiff to Mr. Waller, Lower Lees
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.