Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
MILTON is a small parish two miles and a half S.S.W. from Canterbury,
in the hundred of Westgate, Bridge union, and lathe of Scray. It has but
one house, the residence of Mr. Egbert Lake, with ten inhabitants. The
living is a rectory in .the patronage of the Archbishop qf Canterbury, and
incumbency of the Rev Charles William Brewsher. The church, dedicated to St Nicholas, is a small neat structure.
Howfield is half a mile west; Newhouse one mile S.W.
Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Lake, Robert, farmer and hop planter.