OARE is a parish two miles N.W. of Faversham, in Faversham union and hundred,
lathe of Scray. The population in 1851 was 195. The church is dedicated to St.
Peter; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Archbishop of
Canterbury; the Rev. Alfred L. Winter, M.A., is the incumbent.
POST-OFFICE. - Edward Johncock, Receiver. The nearest Money Older Office is at
Winter, Rev. A. L., Parsonage.
Baker, John, bricklayer
Crust, John, bailiff to Mr. Fairman, Pheasant
Redman, George & Isaac, oyster merchants
Gurney, John, coast-guard, Station, Oare Stray
Payne, John, coal merchant
Phillips, William, coast-guard, Station
Ray, James, Three Mariners Stround, Henry, wheelwright
Taylor, James, parish clerk
White, Thomas, shopkeeper
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.