Patricksbourne, Bridge, Canterbury with Swale

Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories

Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z

Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.


PATRICKSBOURN is a parish and village pleasantly situated in a healthy
country, the little Stour running through the same, close to which, in the
valley, is the village and church. The church is dedicated to St. Mary.
The living is a vicarage and .incumbency of the Rev. John Stevenson, M.A.

Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money, Order Office.


GENTRY
Allsworth, Rev, M.A., curate
Conyngham, Dowager Marchioness, Byrons
Hallett, Rev James Hughes, M.A., Higham
Pilcher, Richard, Esq.
Stevenson, Rev. John. M.A.


TRADERS.
Brickenden, John, Gate
Collard, David, farmer, Renville
Cooper, George, farmer
Tassell, William, Hoad Farm


All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission. Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.

And Last updated on: Sunday, 17-May-2015 17:36:26 BST