Search the pub history sites by licensee, address or pub
Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
PRESTON is a parish on the high road from Grove Ferry to Wingham, six and a half miles N.W. of Sandwich, and nine N.E. of Canterbury. The population in 1851 was 542. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The living is a vicarage in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury. The village, called Preston Street, is not large, and the church stands about a quarter of a mile to the west. Nash is half a mile south.
POST-OFFICE -Ralph Solley, Receiver. Letters received through Wingham, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Curtis, E., Esq. br /> Jenner, Rev. Henry L., M.A.
Toomer, Samuel E., Esq.
|Addley, Thomas, farmer
Burmap, Thomas, academy
Bushell, James, saddler
Bushell, John, farmer
Culmer, Charles, farmer
Dilnott, William, farmer
Farmaris, John, farmer
Gibbs, Edmund, shopkeeper
Gibbs, George, grocer, &o.
Goodson, Edward, farmer
Harris, John, Seven Stars
Knight, George, farmer
Laslett, Edward, tailor
|Martin, Jarvis, farmer
Martin, William, carpenter & wheelwright
Palmer, G., shopkeeper
Pryer, John, butcher
Ralph, Daniel, farmer
Robinson, George, miller
Robinson, John, farmer
Sayer, John, Swan
Solley, Ralph, shoemaker and post-office
Solley, Stephen, jun., and Charles, millers
Solley, Stephen, farmer
Warden, Stephen, wheelwright and blacksmith
Search the pub history sites by licensee, address or pub. If the search does not find it, try again in the google search engine. This local search is pretty rubbish.