Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
SNAVE is a parish, eight miles south from Ashford, and five miles north from New Romney, in the hundred of Aloesbridge Ham and New Church, lathe of Shepway, East Kent, The living. is a rectory, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The Rev. Robert Warrener is the incumbent. The church is dedicated to St. Augustine. The population in 1851 was 52. Stockbridge is three quarters of a mile north; Court-at-
Wick, a quarter of a mile west.
Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order Office
Fisher, Edward, grazier
Tickner, Peter, grazier and farmer