Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
In 1934, added to the parish of Wickhambreaux
STODMARSH, called STOCKMARSH, is about a mile from the river Stour, five miles N.E. of Canterbury, and three N.W. of Wingham, in Downhamford hundred, Bridge union, and lathe of St. Augustine, East Kent. The .population in 1851 was 135. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Soperton is a quarter of a mile S.E.; Newnham, half a mile east; Frognal, three quarters of a mile S.E; Groove, one mile and a half N.E.
Letters received through Wingham, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Baker, Samuel, shop keeper and baker
Bing, Thomas H., farmer
Cottard, Ed-ward, fanner
Elvey, Thomas, farmer
Holdstock, Gregory, farmer
Tucker, William, farmer
White, James, Red Lion