STONE, near Dartford, is a village and parish, 17 miles from London, one mile
S.E. from Greenhithe station, and two miles N.E. from Dartford. The church of
St. Mary is a fine and well built edifice. The living is a rectory, in the
patronage of the Bishop of Rochester. The Venerable Archdeacon King, rector; the
Rev. Walter King, curate. The population in 1851 was 829.
POST-OFFICE. - William Hughes, Receiver. Letters arrive from Dartford.
The nearest Money Order Offices are at Dartford and Northfleet.
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.