Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Swalecliffe Public Houses
SWALECLIFFE is a small village near the Cliffs, seven miles north of Canterbury, two miles east of Whitstable, and three miles west of Herne Bay.
Its population in 1851 was 176. The church of St. John the Baptist is small. In the neighbourhood are Balls Street, Chestfield, Rucking, Bodkin, Coleward, Studhill, Thornden, Highgate, and Radfall.
Post Office - Robert Tritton Whorlow, Postmaster, Money Orders are granted and paid at this Office.