Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
TESTON, a village and parish, four miles S.W. of Maidstone, one mile and a half from Wateringbury station. The population in 1851 was 268. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Earl of Gainsborough, and incumbency of the Rev. Charles Harbin, M.A,
POST-OFFICE. - Thomas Martin, Receiver. Letters received through Maidstone.
Bridge, Edwin, Esq.
Harbin, Kev. Charles
Kirkpatrick, G. R., Esq.
Miller, Mrs. Charlotte
Wilby, Warner, Esq.
Barchild, William, bricklayer
Bennett, Henry, farmer
Betts, John, boot and shoe maker
King, Thomas, carpenter
Martin, Thomas, grocer, postmaster, and cricket ball manufacturer