Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
THANNINGTON is a parish one mile distant from Canterbury to the S.E.
of Harbledown, in the lathe of Saint Augustine, hundred of Westgate, and union of
Bridge, and is traversed by the river Stour; the church dedicated to Saint Nicholas.
The Rev. William Pearson, M.A., curate.
Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Pearson, Rev. William, M.A., 4, Dane John grove, curate
Morgan, Mr. George James
Bing, Henry, farmer, Tonford
Harvey, John, farmer, Nelshouse
Leggett, John, farmer, Thannington Court