TUNSTALL is a village and parish, one mile S.W. of Sittingbourne The population
in 1851 was 165. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist, and was
greatly restored and re-pewed in 1856, at the expense of the Rev. G. B. Moore.
The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev.
George Bridges Moore, M.A., is the incumbent. Upton is one mile north; Grevend,
half a mile S.W.; Heart's
Delight and Wren, one mile west; Braddock Fostal, one mile south.
Letters received through Sittingbourne, which is also the nearest Money Order
Homewood, Mr. Edward
Moore, Rev. George Bridges, M.A.
Murton, William) Esq. Park
Smeed, George, Esq., Gore Court
Twopenny, Edward, Esq., Woodstock
Couchman, Robert, parish clerk
Elvy, William, farmer, Grove End and Heart's Delight
Swinyard, George, smith and farrier
Wells, James, bailiff, Woodstock
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.