UPCHURCH is a village, five miles N.W. of Sittingbourne, and six miles east of
Rochester and Brompton. The population in 1851 was 407. The church is dedicated
to the Virgin Mary. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of All Souls' College,
Oxford, and incumbency of the Rev. John Woodruff. Twinney is one mile long, by a
quarter of a mile wide. Gore Wood is half a mile south; Hersham, a quarter of a
mile west; Otterham Quay, half a mile west; Holywell, a quarter of a mile S.E.;
Weham Green, half a mile north; Ham Green, one mile north.
Letters received through Maidstone. The nearest Money Order Offices are at
Sittingbourne and Chatham.br />
Rev. John Woodruff, Vicarage
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.