WAREHORNE is a village and parish, seven miles south of Ashford, and close to
Ham Street Station. The population in 1851 was 507. The church is dedicated to
St. Matthew. The living is a rectory in the patronage of the Crown, and
incumbency of the Rev. John Dufton, M.A. Warehorne Leacon is an adjoining
hamlet; Ham Green is one mile S.E., in Romney Marsh; Ham Street one mile N.E.;
here is a railway station.
POST-OFFICE. - Thomas Bourne, Receiver. Letters arrive from Ashford, which is
also the nearest Money Order Office.
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.