Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
WESTBERE is a village, three miles north of Canterbury and one of Sturry station. Its population in 1851 was 197. The church of All Saints is small. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Crown. Palmer's Hill is half a mile north.
Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Cumming, Captain William
Halett, Rev. Hughes, Curate
Browning, James, farmer
Harrison, Mrs. Sophia, farmer
Marsh, Thomas, grocer
Pidduck, George, farmer
Wootton, Thomas, farmer
Young, David, farmer