WICHLING is a small village and parish, three miles N.E. of Lenham;
10 N.E. of Headcorn station, and seven, south of Sittiugbourne, The
church is an old building, the living is a rectory, in the gift of the Rev.
B. Read, M.A.; the Rev. William Walter Stockdale is the incumbent.
The population in 1851 was 124. Sindall is a quarter of a mile N.W.;
Wrensted, one mile. S.W.; Lenniker, two miles west; Ashdown, one mile
S.W.; Yokes Court, one mile west; Tinfold Hill, one mile N.W.; Broom
Hill, half a mile south; Greet; one mile S.E.
Letters received through Sittingbourne.
Stockdale,.Rev. William Walter, Rector.
Cash, William, farmer and turner
Clark, William, farmer
Clement, Jessie, parish clerk
Eagles, Thomas, farmer
Harrison, Charles and Thomas, farmers
Hughes, Thomas Edward, beer retailer
Kite, John, farmer
Murton, Major, farmer
Neeves, Richard, beer retailer
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.