Barton Mills in Kellys 1879 Directory. Barton Mills is a parish and village in the Western division of the
County, Lackford Hundred; situated
about 1 mile south east from Mildenham, 8 miles north east from Newmarket, 4
south east from Kennet railway station and 67 from London.
The river Lark skirts the parish on the north. The church of St Mary is an old
stone building. The register is from the year 1663.
Parish Clerk, Henry Jolly.
Post Office, William Redgrave.
National & Sunday school, built in 1845, & endowed; John Palmer, master.
Fox Buscall, Old Rectory
Fuller Miss, Barton villa
Fuller Mrs, Hill house
Fyson John, Ivy cottage
Godfrey James Hewlett, Mill house
Lott Rev William Buckland MA [rector & rural dean], Rectory
Read Mrs, Barton hall
Roper Mrs, Barton hall
Roper The Misses
Boyce Adolphus Joseph, farmer, Grange farm
Catton Arthur, wheelwright & shopkeeper
Cornell John, tailor & beer retailer
Drake James, shoe maker
Edwards James, blacksmith
Folkes John Rudland, farmer
Folkes Robert, farmer
Ford George, blacksmith
Fox Buscall, artist, Old Rectory
Frost James, Dog & Partridge
Godfrey James Howlett, miller, maltster & coal merchant
Holland John, builder
Kent William, shopkeeper
Last Richard John, farmer, Hall farm
Orris Wm, beer retailer & pork butcher
Osborne Henry, market gardener
Osborne Thomas, watch maker
Redgrave Sarah (Mrs), shopkeeper
Savory Edward Christopher, miller, farmer & corn merchant
Sizer William, shopkeeper
Sparkes William, shopkeeper
Turner George, Bell Inn, & baker
Wing Abraham, farmer, Street farm
All transcriptions and imagery is copyright, and excepting personal usage (which is fine); it is NOT available for commercial usage or copying onto other websites without explicit permission.
Many of the images, and all of the transcriptions are the work of myself and other contributors - please do not steal this work.