Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
ADDINGTON is a parish, in the hundred and union of Buckingham, situate 2
miles N.W. of Winslow, and 5 S. of Buckingham. The church, dedicated to St.
Mary, has lately been rebuilt, the windows filled with subjects in coloured
glass, and all the fittings carefully provided in the best style, at the
expense of John Gellibrand Hubbard, Esq., M.P. for Buckingham, who is lord
of the manor, and patron of the living, and who has built a handsome manor
house on a new site not far from the church, improved the roads, erected
several substantial cottages, and made other alterations to the benefit of
the parish. The living is a rectory, annual value £200; the Rev. R. W. Scurr
is rector, and the Rev T. C. Southey, curate. There are about 103 acres of
glebe. A Parochial School is conducted by a competent mistress. The parish
contains an area of 1320 acres, with a population in 1861 of 111.
Hope the Hon. Mrs
Southey Rev Thomas Castle (curate)
Adams Joseph, farmer
Adams Matthew, farmer
Clare John, farmer
Neale John, parish clerk
Warr William, farmer
Letters through Winslow
**** Provided By Kevan
See below for the date this page was last updated.