Barton Hartshorne pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
BARTON HARTSHORNE, situate 4 1/2 miles S.W. from Buckingham, and 8 S.W. from
Bicester, is a parish and village, in the hundred and union of Buckingham,
on a small stream which flows through the parish and runs into the river
Ouse. The church, an old structure, was considerably enlarged in 1841, by W.
H. Bracebridge, Esq.; the edifice is dedicated to St. James. The living, a
perpetual curacy, including that of Chetwode, is in the Buckingham deanery;
annual value, £110. The Rev. Edward Langdale Smith, M.A., is the incumbent.
There is a small School for children of the village. Area of parish, 870
acres; population in 1861,126.
Clarke Charles, esq., M.D.
Jones John, farmer
Markham James, Fox Inn
Monk Thomas King, farmer
Paxton Henry, farmer
Rogers Robert, grocer
Row Robert, farmer
Thame John, farmer
Thame William, farmer
Letters through Buckingham
**** Provided By Kevan