The Search engine is only on the NEW London 1832 street directory
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
BIDDLESDEN is a village and parish covering an area of 1630 acres, in the
second division of the hundred of Buckingham. It is situate 3 1/2 miles N.E.
of Brackley, in Northamptonshire, and contained in 1861,169 inhabitants.
Here was formerly an Abbey of Monks of the Cistercian order, possessed, at
the dissolution, of annual revenues rated at £143 1s. 3d. The church is a
modern building, dedicated to St. Margaret. The living is a perpetual
curacy, in the deanery of Buckingham, endowed with £400 royal bounty and
private benefaction. The Rev. Hugh W. Smith is incumbent.
Gey George, esq Bishop
Balden John, farmer
Bishop Elias, farmer
Lamboura John, farmer
Orchard Joseph, farmer
Thomas William, farmer
Letters through Brackley
**** Provided By Kevan