Accurate transcriptions of the 1921 census are being added to the pub history site, starting with London.
Chicheley pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Buckinghamshire. The Buckinghamshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
CHICHELEY is a small village ia the parish of its name, sitoate on the
London and North Western Railway, 2 1/2 miles from Newport Pagnell, on the
road fros that town to Bedford, and 6 1/2 from the Wolverton Station. It is
in the hundred and union of Newport Pagnell, and comprises 1620 acres, with
a population in 1861 of 265 persons. The church is of the early English
order, with a square tower containing six bells. The living is a vicarage,
value £113, in the deanery of Newport Pagnell, and patronage of C. M.
Chester, Esq., who is lord of the manor, and resides at Chicheley Hall.
Chester C. M., esq., Chicheley hall
Jeudwine Kev Win., Vicarage
Caustin Henry, parish clerk
Coales Francis, farmer
Coles John, blacksmith and shopkeeper
Cook Richard, farmer
Fairey George, farmer
Field Wm., farmer
Riley James, farmer
Saunderson Wm., Red Lion
Whiting Henry, farmer
Letters through Newport Pagnell
**** Provided By Kevan