Exeter pub history index
Howell Road was originally known as Red Lane. It became Barrack Road at the end of the 18th Century, when the Higher Barracks were built in 1792 at the time of a feared French invasion under Napoleon.
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Devon .
Residents at this address
1850, John Martin, Eagle, Barrack road, Exeter, Whites directory
1878, Rd. Lethaby, Eagle, Barrack road, Exeter
1889/Edward Ernest Hill/../../../Kellys Directory
1914/Mrs Emily Hill/../../../Kellys Directory
1919/Mrs Emily Hill/../../../Kellys Directory
1923, Mrs Emily Hill, Eagle Tavern, 67 Howell road, Exeter