The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
BARKING-SIDE, a chapelry in Great Ilford parish, Essex. It was constituted in 1841; and has a post-office under Ilford, London E. Pop., 1,712. Houses, 334. The living is a curacy in the diocese of London. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Great Ilford.
Transcribed by Noel Clark