The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
BERECHURCH, a parish in Colchester district, and within Colchester borough, Essex; near the river Roman, 2 miles S by W of Colchester r. station. Post-town, Colchester. Acres, 1,450. Real property, £1,880. Pop.,112. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £110. Patron, T. White, Esq. The church is good.
Transcribed by Noel Clark