The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales...., by John Marius Wilson. circa 1866
BOBBINGWORTH, a parish and a sub-district in Ongar district, Essex. The parish also bears the name of Boringer; and lies 2 and ½ miles NW of Ongar and 5 and ½ SE of Harlow r. station. Post-town, Ongar. Acres, 1,628. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 334. Houses, 67. The property is divided amomg a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £393. Patrons, J.A. Houblon and C. Cure, Esqs. The church is good.
Transcribed by Noel Clark