A London street directory and UK Pub history research

Search the London street directory and pub history site by surname, address or pub name

Alma, Church Road, Leyton

Leyton pub history index

This pub was established in 1872 and closed in September 2002. Latterly known as the Four Finch's. It is now in residential use as ‘Alma Point’. **

Alma, Church Road, Leyton

25th March 2003

Taken by Brian Berry

The following entries are in this format:

Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

13/9/1872/George Hy Hobbiss/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

24/3/1873/J Bloomfield/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

01/3/1879/George Wright/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

1881/George Wright/Beer Retailer/28/Hanover Sq. (St. Georges), Middlesex/Census
1881/Charlotte Wright/Wife/29/Barkingside, Essex/Census
1881/P. S. M. Wright/Son/6/Plumstead, Kent/Census
1881/E. S. M. Wright/Son/5/Plumstead, Kent/Census
1881/N. M. D. Wright/Son/1/Leyton, Essex/Census

1882/George Wright/Beer Retailer/../../Kelly's

7/10/1886/Thomas Hy Gibbs/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

07/4/1888/Henry Wm Clark/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

05/1/1889/William Bryan/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

06/4/1889/William Nie/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

1/11/1890/William Henesey/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

6/10/1894/William James/Beer Retailer/../../Petty Sessions ****

1910/George Curson/../../../Kelly’s Directory **

1937/Priscilla Barber/../../../Essex Licensing Committee records **


** Provided by Stephen Harris

**** Provided by Kevan


And Last updated on: Saturday, 18-Mar-2017 19:24:16 GMT