UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

Search the historical London street directory and pub history site by surname, street or pub name

Kings Head, 761 High Road, Leyton, E10

Leyton pub history index

This pub was established by 1686 and was closed and demolished by 1858. *

The following entries are in this format:

Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

1769/Tabor Bocock/../../../Return of Surveying of Weights & Measures – Essex Records Office *

1822/Thomas North/../../../Pigot's*

1830/Mr Watson/../../../per. Waltham Forest Oral History Group *

1834/Edward Watson/../../../Pigot’s Essex Directory *

1826/William Wilson/../../../Pigot's

1828/William Wilson/../../../Alehouse Recognizances*

1828-9/William Wilson/../../../Pigot's

1832-3/Edward Watson/../../../Pigot's

1839/Edward Freeman/../../../Pigot's

1845/Edward Freeman/../../../Post Office

1848/James Yeomans/../../../White's

1851/James Yeomans/Licensed Victualler/41/Hef, Heref/Census **
1851/Ann Yeomans/Wife/39/Coggeshall, Essex/Census
1851/Charles Yeomans/Son/12/Saint James, Middlesex/Census
1851/Albert Yeomans/Son/10/Saint James, Middlesex/Census
1851/James Yeomans/Son/7/Saint James, Middlesex/Census
1851/Thomas Evans/Nephew/17/Underhill, Hrt/Census
1851/Ann Brown/Niece/21/Cogershall, Essex/Census
1851/Mary Hosler/Niece/17/Cogershall, Essex/Census
1851/John Shephard/Lodger/45/Not known/Census
1851/James Barker/Ostler/36/Tapcroft, Norfolk/Census

1856/Mr Yeoman/../../../Proceedings of the Old Bailey *
1856/George Toll / Pot Man / 20 /../../Proceedings of the Old Bailey


* Provided by Stephen Harris

** Provided by CG

*** Provided by the Pubs, Inns and Taverns Index for England, 1801-1900


And Last updated on: Saturday, 18-Mar-2017 19:42:45 GMT