• Home
  • London Pub History
  • UK Pub history research and London historical street directory

    Search the historical London street directory, pub history site and World War One records of gallantry and casualties by surname, street or pub name; including early street addresses in London through the Victorian pub history of London. This site justs get more interesting.

    Ship, 37 Market Hill, Fullbridge, Maldon

    Maldon pub history index

    No longer a pub

    Ship, Market Hill, Fullbridge, Maldon 2001

    10th June 2001

    The following entries are in this format:

    Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.

    1780/James Quilter/../../../Stubbings*

    1781/James Quilter/../../../Stubbings*

    1782/Mary Pond/../../../Stubbings*

    1785/Mary Pond/../../../Stubbings*

    1795/Mary Pond/../../../Stubbings*

    1799/Mary Pond/../../../Stubbings*

    1800/Hannah Pond/../../../Stubbings*

    1823-4/Egbert Busbridge/../../../Pigot's

    1832-3/William Everard/../../../Pigot's

    1839/Edward Everard/../../../Pigot's

    1845/Henry Everard/../../../Post Office

    1848/Edward Everard/../../../White's

    1851/Edward Everard/49/Maldon, Essex/Census **
    1851/Ann Everard/41/Margaret Roding, Essex/Census **
    1851/Hannah Gepp/visitor, niece/19/Maldon, Essex/Census **
    1851/Thomas Cumming Esq/visitor, Comptroller of Customs/33/Durham, Lancashire/Census **
    1851/George Smith/ostler/20/Maldon, Essex/Census **
    1851/Sarah Knight/house servant/26/Great Totham, Essex/Census **

    1855/E Everard/../../../Post Office

    1862/Richard Ashford/Licensed to Let Horses for Hire/../../Kelly's

    1870/John Harvey/../../../Kelly's

    1874/John Jones/../../../Kelly's

    1878/John Jones/../../../Kelly's

    1881/John Jones/Licensed Victualler/55/West Mersea, Essex/Census
    1881/Susannah Jones/Sister, Housekeeper/48/West Mersea, Essex/Census
    1881/Annie Matilda Moves/Visitor, Milliner/18/London, Middlesex/Census
    1881/George Charles Phillips/Groom & Ostler/21/Latchingdon, Essex/Census
    1881/Eliza Ellen Phillips/General Servant/18/Latchingdon, Essex/Census

    1882/Alfred Marvin/../../../Kelly's

    1894/John Wood/../../../Kelly's

    1898/John Wood/../../../Kelly's

    1908/Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Wood/../../../Kelly's

    1912/Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Wood/../../../Kelly's

    1917/Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Wood/../../../Kelly's

    1925/William John Brown/../../../Kelly's

    1933/Mrs. Emily Jane Lomer/../../../Kelly's

    Mrs Emily Lomer and Mrs Elizabeth Askins were sisters, Mrs Elizabeth Askins was the licensee of the Bell Inn, Danbury

    The Ship was owned by the Writtle Brewery Co of Maldon. The pub was torn down and replaced with a block of flats. Unfortunately I have no idea when. The licence for this pub was held by Mrs Emily Jane Lomer, between 26th March 1928 when she took it over from a William Frank Cant and gave it up on 16th February 1937 to a Frederick George Lingwood ****

    1937/Fredk Geo Linggood/../../../Kelly's

    * Provided by the Pubs, Inns and Taverns Index for England, 1801-1900

    ** Provided by John Mead

    **** Provided by John Askins

  • Home
  • Pub Research
  • Early Southwark pubs history
  • WW1 Research
  • 1918 Armistice
  • Licensed Victuallers Association
  • Accessible Rail Transport
  • Grand Junction Canal Pub History
  • Cosford database Suffolk
  • Pub history on the River Thames
  • Maps of the UK
  • Anatomy Act 1832
  • London & Home counties :
  • London Pub History
  • London Pubology
  • Essex pub history
  • Hertfordshire Pub History
  • Kent Pub History
  • Middlesex Pub History
  • Sussex Pub History
  • Surrey Pub History
  • Croydon Pub History
  • Berkshire Pub History
  • Buckinghamshire Pub History
  • East Anglia:
  • Bedfordshire Pub History
  • Cambridgeshire Pub History
  • Huntingdonshire Pub History
  • Lincolnshire Pub History
  • Rutland Pub History
  • Suffolk Pub History
  • Northamptonshire Pub History
  • South & South West :
  • Cornwall Pub History
  • Devon Pub History
  • Dorset Pub History
  • Gloucestershire Pub History
  • Hampshire Pub History
  • Isle of Wight Pub History
  • Oxfordshire Pub History
  • Somerset Pub History
  • Wiltshire Pub History
  • North & Midlands :
  • Cumberland Pub History
  • Derbyshire Pub History
  • Durham Pub History
  • Lancashire Pub History
  • Leicestershire Pub History
  • Northumberland Pub History
  • Nottinghhamshire Pub History
  • Shropshire Pub History
  • Staffordshire Pub History
  • Warwickshire Pub History
  • Yorkshire Pub History

  • And Last updated on: Sunday, 10-Sep-2017 15:14:01 BST