Walthamstow pub history index
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Essex. The Essex listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The Bridge House
was built in 1902 and remained a pub until at least 1930 - the building has
now been lost to road widening. It stood on Hoe Street at the junction
with St Mary Road. This off-licence opened before 1883 and was rebuilt in
Several application were made for a pub licence, but it remained an off-licence until it closed and was demolished in the early 1980s in a road-widening scheme. ***
Hoe Street, Walthamstow, in 1903 - The first building on the left hand side is the Tower Hotel, and the first building on the right hand side is the Bridge House.
Kindly provided by Stephen Harris
The Bridge House, Hoe street and St Mary road, Walthamstow - circa 1920
Kindly provided by Vincent O'Loughlin
Residents at this address.
1906/Scott A & Co/wine & spirit merchants/../../Kelly's
*** Provided by Stephen Harris