Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ACRISE OR ACRYSE, sometimes called Wood; lathe of St. Augustine, East Kent, 14 miles from Canterbury, and four S.W. of Margate. The church of St. Martin's is small. The living is a rectory in the gift of the Crown, and incumbency of the Rev. Charles Chapman, M.A. Winterage is half a mile south.
Letters are received through Canterbury, via Elham. The nearest Money Order
Office is at Folkestone.
Chapman, Rev. Charles, M.A., Rector.
Allen, George, farmer
Court, Robert, carpenter
Elgar, Henry, farmer and grazier
Hambrook, John, farmer, Blandred
Hambrook, John, Ladwood
Quested, Richard, blacksmith
Woollett, Mr., Steward to F. Papillon, Esq.